Wednesday, January 07, 2009

Creative Every Day......my rough sketch of Opie.....


I worked...taught Noah his school...cleaned the house.....did dishes..laundry....and found myself with some extra time left over. I sat down next to the cat.....and he was sleeping so cute....I decided I had no excuses to not try doing something creative. My goal this week was to sketch something.....not spend a lot of time on it.....but to sketch something. I did this in about 1 hour. I still have to tweak the body and feet....and then add more details to the face/eyes....I can see the finished work in my mind....but I am too tired to finish it tonight as 4:00 a.m. comes too early for me!

5 comments:

Genie Sea said...

Opie looks so cute! The minute I laid eyes on your sketch I went, "AWWW!" That is a successful sketch indeed. :)

Steve Emery said...

Good for you tackling something hard, like a cat. I find their pattern and all that fur terribly distracting, and then it's hard to draw them at all. You managed well - and I hope you'll let us see it again when you've put on the finishing touches.

Melinda said...

thanks for the visits and encouraging comments!

lv2scpbk said...

That's beautiful work.

Melinda said...

thank you! I like the fact that the lighting when I snapped the photo made it look like sepia tones.....but in actuality the sketch is just done with a regular cheap pencil on a cheap sketch pad.

I will finish this.....probably enlarge it and make it a sepia tone and see what that looks like. Opie is a yellow/orange cat anyway.....and it would suit him better