Monday, August 18, 2008

Monday, Monday.......

Well Friday the garage sale actually went pretty well I thought.  What did not sell we loaded up into our cars and took to Good Will and donated it though some of the things sort of bothered me to donate.  In fact...I did keep a couple of things and gave away a few ....to someone I know who would appreciate them and love them or needed them.  Yeah I am weird.  I had a wonderful old glass punch bowl set...only used ONCE I think....maybe not at all.  I have hung onto that forever....thinking it would be great for get togethers.. a party..something.  BUT how often does anyone get out or use a punch bowl set anymore?  I like it...but never used it even at my own get togethers.  SO I donated it to Good Will.  I will have to pop in and see how much some of this stuff is going to sell for...if it is still there.  BUT things like that sort of make me "sad" which is weird...and I have no idea why.

P1110972

P1110973

Noah and I have hit up the local county fair twice already.  Today will be the THIRD time we have gone.  We have really enjoyed it...and getting the week pass is the way to go if you are going to go a lot which is what I did this year! The weather has been gorgeous for the fair too!

I have been in another state......hit up some antique malls and candle shops...and spent time visiting with my grandmother and sisters. 

I have realized there are certain things I cannot have in my house as food or I will eat it until it is gone.  ONE is ice cream.  There are no exceptions to this ....as I have tried many....thinking even frozen YOGURT or sherbet I would be able to RATION out.  Well...I can't.  SO I am better off just not having it around me. 

Otherwise....the weather has been gorgeous.  We have had a lot of nice days and nights....it reminds me very much of early fall which I love!  I hear crickets at night now and the locusts during the day....signs that fall is only a few weeks off....where soon we will hear the high school band practicing in the evenings outside and the football games will be starting.

Well...I need to shower and get ready to hit the fairgrounds again today!  I recorded some snippets of the birds in my neighbor's trees I will post later.  They are SOOOOO LOUD!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wow! You have a lot of stuff and you've been very busy.

Paz