Wednesday, January 09, 2008

I wait...

Wound up tighter than a rubber-banded balsa airplane
Wanting to take flight long before fingers release me
Edging ever closer to a false start
I wait

Some days I feel I will explode
With too many churning emotions inside my mind and body
Making me seasick with desire and longing,
frustration, then anger

My lungs want to burst out screaming
My legs want to run
My body has to move, do anything
To burn off this intensity

Right now I imagine
I could easily supply enough energy
To fuel a power grid for an entire city

My heart pounds as my blood
Forcefully flows through my veins
I swear I feel it bubbling
As it boils beneath my skin

I am screaming for release
I am yelling for "at last!"
I am crying with frustration

I am ready to receive


Copyright ©2008 man and Sipping The Vast Spring

2 comments:

Cathrine said...

beautiful poem !

Thank you for sharing :-)

here is one of mine:

In her tiredness
she cupped her face
into her hands.

Hands she had not seen in years
for all they were holding.

This was how I met her
and this was where I reached out
and took hold
of that which was left of her.

Reaching out ‘here’.

'Take hold of me'.

This too shall pass
I regurgitated
as if this simply complicated fact
could and would help.

And as I walk down this far too familiar street
with her
this time
I know that it will.

And I cup her face with my hands
for her tiredness can not hold itself.

Melinda said...

beautiful!