Sunday, September 23, 2007

Silence...

It's not that words are not revolving within my head

On an endless merry-go-round they twirl about

The ride never ends but continues to spin

Day in, day out

Into the darkest hours of night


Sorting them out seems troublesome

Sometimes so overwhelming a task, I choose to not even bother

Instead I allow the merry-go-round

To continue its journey

Its endless motion


Round and round it goes

Spinning, making me dizzy with thoughts

Words mixed up, jumbled together

Forming partial sentences

Making little sense


I recognize the fact that I have all the words up there

But choosing the correct ones and correct order seems impossible

I can find one or two...but the third and fourth escape my grasp

They choose instead to continue their own ride

Spinning round and round in my head


Focusing long enough to capture a complete thought

Without it being intercepted with other thoughts

Seems too exhausting

So I don't even bother


Instead I sit

My head a swirling, twirling mishmash

Of words and thoughts unspoken



Copyright ©2007 man&SippingTheVastSpring

No comments: