Tuesday, June 19, 2007

thoughts...


My mind has become a purse

Filled with emotions and longings

Thoughts and images

All centered around you


Like loose change jangling around inside

My thoughts play off each other

Constantly reminding me of their presence

Perpetually stirring me from within


Sometimes I want to open my purse

And grab handfuls of coins

And toss them out for the world to see

To share my joys and happiness and love


At other times I keep it shut tight

Not wanting to be robbed

Of my most precious gifts

Pretending my purse is empty and cold


But what lies inside right now

Is so brilliant and bright

So very powerful

Upon opening my purse

It can temporarily blind the eyes gazing upon it


And upon recovering

Those eyes would grow wide with awe

Beholding glimpses of your beauty

Your love and passion, your drive

Your integrity would leave them hungering for air

Causing them to reflexively close the purse

Just to be able...

To catch their breath




Copyright ©2007 man&SippingTheVastSpring
Image Source-Yahoo Images

1 comment:

Patty said...

Well we were in Marietta OH and it really stormed for about 30 to 45 mins. The lightning was really something. The water was running down the streets along the gutters, making it hard to drive. When we got back here on Wed. didn't look like we had anything.

You guys have fun on Sat. Love you all. Mom