Friday, January 02, 2004

well...A NEW YEAR already! Hard to believe 2003 is over! Saw Peter Pan a week ago and it was great!! Could have included MORE flying scenes....as those and the special effects were excellent. BUT.....not enough for me but it was good nonetheless. Hard to also believe my TWO WEEK vacation is ending this weekend!! YIKES...where in the world did that go?? Been feeling okay.....have a couple of good days and then feel like crappo again. Today I am super tired. We had Keith's kids and dad over for Christmas last night and exchanged gifts. That went much better than I anticipated...and that is how it usually does go. We all actually had a great time and enjoyed gift exchanging. Dale is engaged to Terra now and Kelley to Richard. Two diamond rings on Christmas day! WOW!

Well...I did a dumb thing. I felt bad for the local squirrels so I started tossing out whole nuts on our balcony. Noah started talking to the squirrel through our sliding glass door to get it to come up to the door. This one squirrel is super tame..will come right up to the door and look right through the glass. He would take things right out of your hand if you offered it to him. I am a bit leary to have a squirrel that tame hanging around. I don't want anyone to get bit! BUT.....I tossed some nuts out...he kept coming up. I went in to dry my hair I had washed and Noah was still by the door. I decided I better check on both Noah and the squirrel as I had our balcony door open a crack to let fresh air in...and sure enough..THAT SQUIRREL was chewing a HOLE right in the bottom of our screen door. The hole was big enough and he was already halfway through and inside our house! I shut the door just in time and the squirrel finally (after MANY dirty looks) went away. I could just see him coming into our house and jumping on the tree and flying all around...>ALL we would need. A renactment of National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation movie where the squirrel is inside their live Christmas tree and gets loose inside the house! SO...now we will have to replace the screen door (which we were going to this summer anyway)...BUT.....no more feeding the squirrels I guess. I will toss some out to the grass below perhaps but that is it! NOW of course I feel super bad because these hungry squirrels come up and look around and no food is there for them. Better to have them get us OFF their list of goodies NOW I guess.

Let's see....I verified my 3000 mg dose of antibiotics was correct. My house is in order except for our bedroom and catching up on some things. That is good. I am getting anxious for spring already...(NOT GOOD)....and snow is on the way perhaps tomorrow for us here in Colorado.

I am tired...will rest for now...more later. (MMMMMMUUUUNCH!)

No comments: