Friday, April 25, 2003

Well...I watched a show on Oprah yesterday about losing weight. WOW...those people were pretty impressive and motivating. SO...it got me to thinking about ME...and WHY I don't seem to do anything about losing MY extra weight. SO..I have vowed to eat better and less and move more. Today I tried to just walk to get my mail. This was just around the corner! My heart was pounding by the time I was halfway there. I just kept thinking of that one woman on her show that had difficulty doing the same thing..but she lost her weight. AND I kept thinking of what Oprah said....to do it FOR YOUR HEART!! I am SURE my heart is begging me to lose 25 pounds, 50 pounds...something to HELP IT OUT SOME. So...I am going t start. I MUST DO THIS. IF I were really good and like some of those people on her show..I could be at my goal weight by the end of this year. But here it is April already..and almost into MAY!! drove by the lake where I would like to go walking some mornings. I was just coming home from work and not really dressed for walking there. SO...that is when I decided to start slow..walk to get the mail...and do some exercises in my house to hopefully build up my endurance some. I am still going to start walking too. I was walking every day here for awhile. That only lasted about a month. Walking around a lake might be better for me as it is beautiful early in the mornings. So....we will see. I am sitting here drinking my coffee. Having a nutrition bar. So far so good.

I LOVE NOAH so much!! He shut off the computer last night...came over to me...he looked super tired. He crawled in my lap and I held him....like within 2 seconds he was sound asleep. I noticed him breathing....and his and my breathing were in the EXACT same rhythm and pattern. I wonder if that has anything to do with him growing inside of me for 9 months? It is wonderful to notice things like that. There are many things about him that remind him of me. We also seem to have this "understanding" and "connection" where many times we can just look at each other and no words are even necessary. We KNOW what we are both thinking. He is so sweet and loving.

No comments: