Saturday, March 10, 2007

busy day today...






we went to my parents' house to celebrate the birthday of my niece and my sister....whose birthdays were actually earlier in the week. Noah and I stopped and picked up grandma C. to take along for the day. I was already tired having had only 3-4 hours of sleep the past few nights. I went to bed about 4:15 a.m. today and got back up at 8:15 a.m.......my eyes feeling like they were on fire and like sandpaper! I think I could have slept all day. I still had to make a batch of thumbprint cookies to take along with us......but wish now I would have made the cheeseball and crackers!

I looked out my back window when the cookies were baking and noticed an animal in the neighbor's yard......it was a possum aka opossum......however you wish to spell it. He was pretty cute and I snapped a few pictures of him.

After I baked the cookies and packaged them up and loaded the truck I called grandma C. to let her know we were on our way to get pick her up. She was waiting on us when we pulled in. Our favorite dog Joe was there to greet us. I got out of the truck to pet him and talk to him and tell him when we came back I would bring him a treat! I love that dog.

We arrived and my parents' neighbor saw me pull up and came out to speak with me. We have some nice curbside conversations (great name for a book!). Finally into the house and since I had no breakfast which is like my main meal of the day which I love....I was getting hungry. I had not even had time for coffee before we left.

Anyway.....I took my camera today but seemed to only take lousy, blurry shots most of the day....maybe I was too tired. I did get a couple photos of some woodpeckers and of the events. They are what you see above.

I still need to work......think I have to sleep a bit before I could possible even seriously contemplate it...my eyes are tired...I am exhausted.....so later I guess it will have to be.

It was good to get out and visit. On the way home I went through McDonalds to get a cup of coffee and some chicken nuggets to get to Joe when we dropped Grandma C. off. He was licking his lips before I got out of the truck!

Noah and I were thankful to get out and enjoy ourselves...but also thankful to get back home again.....into our cozy jammies......to just hang out. And even though it is now overwhelmingly quiet all around me again.......I have a lot to be thankful for.....I just wish my mental state would always remember to reflect that.

No comments: